Sunday, February 15, 2009

fucking hell

i sliced my thumb open last night when a beer bottle broke while i was opening it. maybe i've just become freakishly strong, like nadine from twin peaks, but it was probably because i was using a paint can opener to open a bottle of beer.

so i can't play my guitar right now. i was planning on recording my new song and posting a guitar/vox version of it this weekend but that's out. in the meantime i can still twiddle around with knobs like i did last night.

my fiancee got me these from the drugstore and i highly recommend them if you have a decent cut but don't want to go get stitches. it's basically a wax pad (i wrapped it around my thumb) that forms a medicated sealant around your cut and makes the healing process happen way faster. it's like i have a skin around my thumb. so i'm hoping these pads will do their magic and heal my shit in the next couple of days so i can record this song already; i'm chomping at the bit to do it.